Saturday 25 June 2011

Film Recommendation and Haul Rambles!

Hey guys and girls!
So today I watched a beautiful little film, which I am sure most of you have already seen, called Letters To Juliet. It's stars Amanda Seyfried who was in Mean Girls and is a great actress, very versatile and naturally pretty. Soft. I really like her and the film is very sweet. For those who want to know a little about it, read on! But BEWARE SPOILERS!!


I missed the first 5 minutes or so, which I hate but I had to open the post from this morning and there were loads of really exciting things in there which I am going to film a few videos about this weekend and post to my channel! :)


It starts with Sophia (Amanda Seyfried) living in New York with her really annoying (to me) fiancee (Gael Garcia Bernal) who does not listen to her passions and does not seem at all interested in what she cares about. Anyway they move to Italy (Verona) which is where Romeo and Juliet lived, and she finds these ladies who take letters that girls leave in the wall there and write back to them about their love and troubles etc. It's a really sweet idea. 
The original wall which letters get posted into is of course the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, Israel, which I have been to myself and put a letter into. This is obviously no where near as significant, and a totally different concept, but a sort of copy of that original idea I suppose.


Sophia decides to stay there permanently, and her fiancee works as a cook. She goes to work with these women and writes the letters too. When taking a letter out of the wall, a brick falls down, and inside she finds a letter written 50 years ago, from a British woman named Claire, who tells of the story where she failed to meet her love by a tree to run away together. She wanted advice, and was returning to London the next day.
Obviously the letter was never found, until now, 50 years later, and Sophie replies. 
Later in the film, the Grandson of Claire, turns up at the office where they write from and gets angry at Sophie for writing the letter. She follows him and meets Claire and they all go on a hunt for the long lost love of her life, Lorenzo.
It becomes obvious that Sophie likes Charlie (?) the Grandson of Claire, and as her annoying fiancee is away at a wine auction and doesn't seem to care where she is, they all go off together on a hunt for the REAL Lorenzo!


So I wont go on to spoil the end, but I would thoroughly recommend it, it's a cute girly fun and romantic story, and a really relaxing chick flick type film!! :)


I got some post today, and I have filmed a Haul video which I will post soon! It's from Dolly Bow Bow and MAC! I've been looking forward to the Dolly Bow Bow products for a while now! :)


Hope you guys are having a nice weekend, and continue to do so!
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment